Richard J Greco, MD – Savannah, GA
Dr. Richard Greco is a leading plastic surgeon in Savannah, GA that has been providing patients with a wide range of cosmetic and reconstructive treatments over the past 20 years. Dr. Greco has been recognized by Savannah Magazine with the 2012, 2013, and 2015-2018, 2020 ‘Best of Savannah’ awards for his impressive surgical results and his compassionate patient care. Read on to learn more about Savannah plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Greco.
Education and Honors
Ursinus College, Collegeville, Pennsylvania Honors:
- Summa Cum Laude
- Who’s Who Among American College Students
- Tri Beta Biology Honor Society
Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Honors:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society – President
- Magna Cum Laude, Graduated in top 2% of class.
- Mosby Prize for Academic Achievement
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital – General Surgery Residency Honors:
- Recipient, Burroughs Wellcome/A.M.A. Fellowship
- Veteran’s Administration Commendation for Outstanding Performance to the General Surgery Service
The Hand Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1986–1987
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 1988-1990
Manhattan Eye and Ear Hospital, New York, New York 1990
Teaching and Research
- Dr. Greco was an Assistant Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. His research has resulted in two patents and led to new surgical practices.
- Dr. Greco has a patent pending on a new Breast Implant design. He continues to work on research on large volume liposuction and body contouring techniques.
Dr. Greco is Board Certified in both General Surgery and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has also earned a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Hand Surgery.
Richard J. Greco, M.D.
Facial Reconstruction and Mommy Makeover
Specializing in Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facelifts “Younger looking, but Natural
- Eyelid Rejuvenation (Blepharoplasty)
- Forehead or Browlift (Endoscopic and Standard)
- Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty)
- Lip Augmentation
- Facial Peels
- Nose Reshaping (Cosmetic and Functional)
- Skin Cancer and Mole Removal
- OBAGI Skin Care – Medically Supervised
Breast Cosmetic Surgery
- Breast Enhancement – Surgical and Non surgical
- Breast Lift – Mastopexy
- Breast Reduction (Often insurable)
- Breast Reconstruction
Body Cosmetic Surgery
- Liposuction – Ultrasonic and Standard Techniques
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Around the World Tummy Tuck
- Thigh and Buttock Lifts
- Total Lower Body Lifts
- Arm Lifts – Brachioplasty
Over the past 20 years, Dr. Greco has performed 18,000 operations on both children and adults. He is known nationally for his writings in plastic surgery. Dr Greco is a paid medical consultant and helps guide new medical procedures and implants for companies such as Mentor Corporation, Johnson and Johnson, LifeCell Corporation, Allergan and Obagi Corporation.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Exhibition Committee Chair
- Past Chairman of Public Education Committee
- New Device and Technology Committee
- Online Committee
- Public Education Campaign Advisory Committee
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Vice Chair of Public Education Committee
- The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facility
- Editor of “The Source” Newsletter
- Past Vice President of Standards
- Past Vice President of Public Education
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Georgia Medical Society
- Jefferson Hand Club
Dr. Greco has authored over 30 scientific papers, including six medical textbook chapters. He is the editor of the book, Emergency Plastic Surgery. Dr. Greco is the spokesperson for plastic surgery and is frequently quoted in national media including Allure, Wall Street Journal, London Times, Oprah Magazine, Cosmopolitan and many other newspapers and magazines. Dr. Greco is also an Advisory Board Member for The Consumer Guide to Plastic Surgery.
Dr Greco is married and has four children. They enjoy golf, tennis and exploring the coastal waterways on jet skis. A transplant to the South, the Grecos love the people, weather and lifestyle in Savannah. Dr. Greco recently enjoyed giving back to the Savannah community as the ADA “Kiss A Pig” candidate and winner as the top fundraiser. He now has children studying at University of Georgia and at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Dr. Greco is on staff at Memorial Health University Medical Center and St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System. In addition, he is a participating provider for most insurance policies. A prior approval from your primary care provider may be necessary prior to arranging an appointment.
Dr. Greco’s Before and After Breast Augmentation Photos have been selected to be featured on The Consumer Guide to Plastic Surgery as well as his other website, https://aginggracefully.md.
Before & After Gallery
Our talented plastic surgeons offer a wide range of cosmetic procedures designed to improve the appearance of the face, body and breasts. Options include the following:
Refine Your Search
- Implant Type
- Implant Size
- Cup Size
- Implant Profile
- Facial Procedures
- Breast Procedures
- Body Procedures
- Post Bariatic Contouring
- Non Surgical Procedures
- Male Cosmetic Surgery
Select a procedure to begin your search.